So I went into a cafe and sat down to talk to a young man that was interested in hearing more about being a Hebrew Apostolic. What I didn't know was that Yah had sent a young lady into the same cafe (let's call her Jen) who was sitting excitedly talking to her friend on the other side of the room. As Jen got up to leave, I commented on her lovely 1611 Bible and she replied, "It's a gift!" I asked her if it had any special meaning like being a Hebrew Israelite and she looked back at me surprised as though I was weird for asking such a question and from there, we got into a deep conversation. Out of this, I would like to share with you 8 reasons why being finding out or being a Hebrew Israelite/ Hebrew Apostolic is important.
1. I remember being asked by a minister what's so important about this Hebrew thing? Yes you might find out as a person of colour, that you are a Hebrew-Israelite so what? Well the fact is that truth is important. If we have been lied to, deceived and just plain old had our heritage and everything stolen wouldn't the truth go some way towards helping you to understand the issues? That's because truth matters and lies mislead because they cover up the truth.
2. If someone came to your house, stole your birth certificate, passport and land deeds and put their name on them and stole your identity effectively, would it matter. The answer is, "Of course it does!" Well what has happened is that the greatest act of identity theft has occurred and almost everyone is saying it doesn't matter. A people have had their identity stolen, a group has been mishandled because of a case of mistaken identity and a people's heritage has gone missing and their memory limited to slavery and modern times, but what happened to before slavery?
3. The first two points of truth and identity has led to a third problem for the people who have been deceived and that is a loss of self-esteem. Our young people especially have a problem because if you don't know where your'e coming from, you can't clearly see where your'e going. The lack of history and accomplishment has made a people to feel that they are nothing.
4. The next point is that before our Messiah can return the Gospel must be preached among all nations. It is currently being preached among the Gentiles. The thing about this is that the declaration among the true Hebrews has only just started and there is a question over what the Gospel really is. For until the Gospel in its entirety is preached to all nations, the end cannot yet come. Knowing that this requirement exists, I believe everything is being done to hinder the preaching of the Gospel.
5. Not only must the Gospel be preached, but there must be an awakening of the Hebrews before Messiah returns. That the Hebrews would fall into a deep sleep was told us by the Prophet Isaiah and that they would both sleep and awaken was confirmed to us by the Apostle Paul in Romans 11. The Hebrews have slept for almost two thousand years, but now the mercy of Yah has returned to us in the form of the awakening. Many do not know why they are growing their beards. Most don't understand why they have a craving to know where they came from or seek information about their origins. Its all about the awakening that is happening - the Hebrew people are getting conscious. Unfortunately when we awaken we are all very different - some wake up calmly and quietly others noisily or angry but awaken we must and awaken we will.
6. Knowing these things changes your relationship to Yah, it makes it personal, vibrant and real. The Bible becomes a love story written to you and your family personally. Prayer become a talk with your Father and personal Elohim. The way you address Him, read about Him and relate to Him changes because no longer is He the God of the white man or the God of the Jews who has allowed you access, but the Elohim of your forefathers and your God and King.
7. Yes being a Hebrew Apostolic is important because the doctrines of the Old and New Testament may not make sense until you know Him and learn about Him from the mouth of His apostles and disciples. The apostles explain the teachings of the Old Testament as they were meant to be applied in the New Testament period. The explain how to live the saved life for all who wish to follow Yahoshuah. They explain prophecy and what is to come in a down to earth way that explores Daniel's vision and Ezikiel's vison for our time. They explain how Elohim is one and how to baptise people who want to be saved. The teaching of the Apostles compliments and completes my identity as a Hebrew by taking me beyond Judaism and into Apostolic truth.
8. There is a saying that to find out where we are on Elohim's time clock you must watch the Jews. The problem is the world has been watching the wrong clock by watching the wrong Jews. The right time clock to gauge the closeness of the return of Yahoshuah are the true Hebrews (persons of colour). As you see Yah dealing with us, you know the coming of Yahoshuah is near. As you see them awakening, preaching the Gospel, discovering their identity, returning to their land, getting hold of Apostolic doctrine and fulfilling prophecy, then you know the time of the Gentiles is coming to an end and that the return of Messiah is near.
To finish off this article, I have given 8 reasons why its important to be a Hebrew Apostolic and its based on the truth that the so called Jews are not Jews at all and that the real Hebrew people are the persons of colour in the Caribbean, the Americas and other parts of the world. However, you can read about this more in my books, "Black skin royal identity" or "Hebrew Israelite by 5 undeniable proofs". Why not visit the website: www.hebrewapostolic.com/resources to check it out.